|No 2 Printer|
Job Reference Number: WBA017
Job Title: No 2 Printer (flexible working)
Reporting To: Imaging Operations supervisor Dept: Print Room
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
- To control all aspects of Web Printing.
- Reduce make ready times/downtime/waste.
- Produce high quality Direct mail print to the agreed times set.
- To achieve a consistent high level of print quality throughout the production run.
MAIN DUTIES & TARGETS
- To work a flexible shift pattern and be available to cover printers holidays, sickness and any other absences that may occur.
- To control Manufacturing performance and hit set targets.
- To work within a team on shifts to produce high quality Direct mail.
- Control the house keeping and maintenance on press/shift.
- Achieve all quality standards to ISO accreditations standards.
- Ensure that all crew members follow SSOW’s for all equipment. (H&S).
- Ensure all waste is segregated for correct disposal (Environmental & Security).
- Ensure all correct security badges are being worn and challenge anyone not wearing one. (Security).
In addition to the above, we may require you to carry out any other duties within your reasonable competence. This will include holiday cover and flexible working hours.
You will be working with fast moving equipment, with a reasonably high noise factor and as such adequate ear protection is supplied and should be worn. Also adequate protective footwear should be worn.
Requirements necessary for effective performance of job
- Litho trained printer.
- Be able to manage a qc control system.
- Can work on own initiative, self-motivated.
- Have the knowledge to maintain a consistent print quality over your shift.
- 3 years’ experience of web printing.
- Worked on web printing presses.
- Be able to use an auto print register system.
Where available, elements that contribute to improved/immediate performance in the job.
- Had No 1 experience.
- Excellent verbal & written skills.
- People management skills.
- Previous experience of inline finishing equipment.
- Worked on a Zirkon web press.
- Knowledge of uv/aqueous coating.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
"All employees have legal duties for health and safety. These include taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do; co-operating with your employer; correctly using work items including personal protective equipment in accordance with training or instruction; and not interfering with or misusing anything provided for your health, safety or welfare".
|Trainee Software Developer (Basic level SQL/.net/C#)|
“The GI Group are one of the UK’s leading marketing services groups and a specialist in Big Data and Customer Marketing campaigns. As a result of expansion we now have a fabulous opportunity for Multiple trainee software Developers who can support the team, our existing systems and undertake MS SQL & C# software development. Fabulous career opportunity for career progression”
Trainee Software Developer (Basic level SQL/.net/C#)
Job reference number: SWD001
We are a rapidly evolving marketing services group who are constantly embracing new technologies needed to cope with our clients’ ever increasing range of complex multi-dimensional consumer marketing campaigns.
Part manufacturer, part specialists in the dark arts of software development and ‘Big Data’ we are brilliant at taking the pain out of our clients’ campaigns by turning raw data into meaningful consumer insight which in turn leads to better informed communication with their customers.
As a result of a group-wide reorganisation and acquisition program we now have a fabulous opportunity for multiple trainee developers to join our Development & Data Division in both Leicester and Kettering.
You will get to work with and learn from some truly talented developers, many of whom started with us at this level.
However, our organisation is not for the faint-hearted. Everyone works at an incredibly high pace and learns to juggle, run and develop multiple projects simultaneously but if this sounds like it could be the kind of environment to suit you and your personality then we could be the company for you.
What do we need?
- Basic knowledge of SQL, C#, .NET
- Any experience of SSIS, SSAS or SSRS would be useful
- Organised, with great communication and time management skills
- Passionate and driven to learn new skills
- Comfortable working to very tight deadlines
- Great team player
The role will appeal to candidates who can:
- Learn how to support existing systems
- Undertake software development within MS SQL and C#
- Investigate issues as they arise and provide 1st & 2nd line support
- Assist in process improvement to reduce cost of quality and to increase efficiency and client satisfaction
- When trained may be required to attend out of ours calls for assistance
If you think you fit this description and want to be a part of a company that will give you unrivalled training, experience and the opportunity to grow, contact us using the form below.
Deadline for application: Ongoing
|Senior SQL Developer / Team Lead|
GI Insights’ Database Development Team require a skilled SQL and C# practitioner to join the existing development team.
Main Duties Include:
- Full SDLC practice in an Agile Environment
- Requirements Gathering
- Technical Documentation
- Analysis and Development of ETL processes
- Data Warehousing, SSAS and SSIS development
- Data Quality Analysis and Reporting
- Hands on development using SQL and C#
- Team/Project Leadership
- 5 years + Microsoft SQL and C# Development experience
- Good listening and communication skills
- Strong initiative and team leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Good Documentation skills
|Doc Comp Developer|
Job Reference number: WBA005
Job descriptionUsing data processing and document composition applications to generate proofs, samples and reports. Interpret requirements (briefs) and liaise with internal/external Client Communications and client technical contacts to create mono or colour format outputs for delivery through multi-channel outputs.
- You have the desire to progress to next stage of your career
- You will enjoy a skilled role that is essential to our company
- You are educated to Minimum A-Level (A/B) in Maths, Physics, IT.
- You are trained in the use of GMC Inspire Designer
- You have good knowledge of data formats, processing and mail sorting
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- You are capable of handling technical work in a pressurised environment
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have knowledge of security requirements in relation to data and the role
- You have the ability to work quickly and accurately
- You have the ability to use initiative within defined procedures.
Deadline for application: Ongoing
|Trainee Digital Studio Technician|
Using data processing and composition applications to generate proofs, samples and reports. Interpret requirements (briefs) and liaise with GI Client Communications and client technical contacts to create mono or colour format outputs for delivery through multi-channel outputs.
- You have good A-Level results with one of them being in Maths or Physics, and may have at least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject.
- You are looking for the first step in a technical career.
- You would enjoy a technical role that is at the heart of what our company does.
- You have a passion to learn and progress in your career.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with other people.
- You are a self-motivator who will not miss out on the opportunity we are willing to provide.
- You are not afraid of hard work and will be able to cope with tight deadlines, working extended hours when required.
- You will be outgoing and rise to the challenge of new experiences.
Deadline for application: Ongoing