Environmental Policy Statement to BS EN ISO 14001:2004
At GI Solutions Group Ltd we are committed to the prevention of pollution and reducing our effect on the environment during all of our direct marketing services including database marketing, direct response printing and mailing activities. In order to strive towards meeting this commitment we will:
- meet all necessary legislative, regulatory and consent requirements which relate to our business,
- keep informed of environmental issues and, in particular, those which are of direct relevance to our business,
- continue to raise the awareness of all our employees, the effect of their actions on the environment, and their responsibility to the environment; by communication, discussion and training, encourage all our employees to apply good environmental practice, both at work and at home.
- minimise our environmental impact by the operation of suitable waste minimisation and recycling schemes,
- manage our building and grounds in an environmentally sensitive manner,
- make use of, wherever practicable, best environmental practice when planning and developing new and existing operations,
- operate a thoughtful purchasing policy by selecting wherever practical, materials and services which are less damaging to the environment,
- set environmental objectives and targets based on continual improvement, monitor results and review on a regular basis,
- establish and maintain an Environmental Management System which continually reduces waste, effluent, emissions and the use of scarce resources,
- promote Sustainable and Responsible solutions through usage of FSC® and PEFC certified paper and by following Sustainable Mail Royal Mail scheme guidelines,
- create and maintain suppliers' assessment questionnaire to ascertain our suppliers' environmental credentials,
- GI Solutions Group is a Carbon Neutral Company and it commits to BPIF Climate Change Levy Agreements.