New postage prices for 2017
Postage prices for Royal Mail Retail and DSA have increased from 3rd January 2017.
- Mailmark, CBC, OCR, 1400 prices have increased by almost 2.8%
- International Tracked and Signed Services will increase on average by 3%
- International Mixed Mail will increase on average by 5.7%
- International Letters will increase on average by 4.5%
- International Large Letters will increase on average by 4.2%
- International Parcels will increase on average by 4.4%
- International Max Sort and Print Direct will increase on average by 14.8% and 8.3% respectively
- International Low Volume Country Prices Services increase on average by 5.3%
- International High Volume Country Prices Services increase on average by 8.9%
- International Response services will increase on average by 7.6%
*Please note some DSA have increased their operational costs for collecting, sorting and delivering mail to Royal Mail.
General Large Letters, A3 Parcels and Parcels Access Charges change - April 2017
Royal Mail has increased some of the discounts for Advertising Mail and presenting pre-sorted mail in trays:
Advertising Mail 5.147p for Letters
Advertising Mail 8.051p for Large Letters up to 100g
Advertising Mail 8.206p for Large Letters up to 250g
Responsible/Sustainable Mail Entry and Intermediate prices will remain 0.5p and 1.0p less than Ad Mail price.
The discount for presenting pre-sorted mail in trays increased from 0.5p per item to 0.6p for a Large Letter (for Business Mail and Ad Mail, not General Mail).
Letter discount remain the same – 0.25p per item.
Machinable Large Letter
Machinable Large letters can now be sent using Unwrapped spec. Mailmark and OCR now available for unwrapped. You can download a copy of the new User Guide from www.royalmailwholesale.com
New Unsorted Option - barcode savings
From 27th March 2017 Royal Mail will be introducing new option for unsorted jobs by printing a simple barcode to ‘bring efficiencies and ensure bills are accurate’.
- You could save 1p per item by printing a barcode on the envelopes
- There will be only one size for the new PPI design
- This option will be available for:
- Standard Business Mail
- Standard Ad Mail
- 1st and 2nd Class
- STL, BPL, CLN
CBC/Low Sort Barcode Price Increase
- Increased prices are effective from 4 July 2016
- The changes affect only letter mail with the old style barcode. Mailmark prices remain the same
There will be 4% price differential between Mailmark barcoded services and CBC.
- CBC option withdrawal - January 2018
For more details please visit: http://www.royalmailtechnical.com/rmt_docs/Rate_Cards_Mar_2016/Rate_Card_Barcode_Rate_Card_Mar_2016_ENG_V3.pdf
‘Send more for less’ – new option for catalogues/brochures
Customers that post catalogues or brochures may be interested in the new weight bands introduced with 2016 Royal Mail Advertising Mail prices. They came into effect from 4th January 2016 for use in the Advertising Mail Catalogue Trial. They include, for the first time, five new weight bands between 100g – 150g for both Letter and Large Letter format items. This, in effect, reduces the price increases for catalogues over 100g.
The Advertising Mail Catalogue Trial started on 4th January 2016 and ran until 17th March 2017.
Digital Stamp Indicia is becoming a permanent option both for Royal Mail Wholesale & Retail customers from 3rd May 2016, subject to terms and conditions.
This option will be available for Access 70 OCR, CBC and Mailmark mailings up to 30th October 2016.
From the 1st November 2016 Digital Stamp option will be available only for Mailmark service.
You have a choice of using one of two digital stamp designs shown below. Whichever one you choose, you will need to apply the Access Licence Number assigned to you under your Access Contract to the artwork you create (to replace the C1 12345 number shown in the images below).
For further information please visit https://www.royalmailwholesale.com/digital-stamp/
Royal Mail Wholesale and Retail ‘Scheme for Growth’ promotion
Royal Mail is introducing a postage credit scheme which will lower prices for customers who use mail to grow their business. The scheme rewards senders that grow their advertising mail volumes over a 12 month period.
It will be open to applications from 29 April 2016.
How does it work?
- The scheme is to encourage the growth of direct mail
- The scheme offers credits to advertisers of between 2.5p-10.5p per item on all incremental advertising mail posted during a 12 month period
- The incremental volume posted must be in addition to the volume posted during the previous 12 months
- The minimum volume for the incremental is 250,000
Who is eligible to use the scheme?
- Anyone who is intending to post at least 250,000 incremental mail items in the 12 month incentive period
- The incremental volume can either be Letter or Large Letter
The incremental volume has to be posted either using the Advertising or Responsible Mail services AND Mailmark*
You can find all details on the RM website:
Citipost introduced new indicia’s. These can be downloaded using following link http://www.citipostmail.co.uk/resources/documents/
International Product Portfolio
- Zero Sort
- Zone Sort
- Country Sort
- Max Sort
|Europe||Rest of World|
|3-5 Days||5-7 Days|
|10-15 Days||6-12 Weeks|
*Only available with Max Sort
New UKM Indicias
UKM Group has rebranded and introduced new indicias. They have come into effect from 11th April 2016.
You are also able to send UKM mail out with just the ‘Royal Mail Delivered by’ stamp.
There is 12 months ‘grace’ period of using the existing PPI’s starting from 11th April 2016.