New Postage Prices came into effect from the 29th March 2016
- Royal Mail 24 and Royal Mail 48 increase on average by up to 1.6%
- Royal Mail Ad Mail Parcels by up to 2%
- Royal Mail Publishing Mail Parcels by up to 2%
- International Letters and Large Letters increase by average 2.3%
- International Parcels increase on average by 2.7%
- Products purchased through your standard or SMART meter franking machine increase (1st Class Letter will start from 53p and a 2nd Class Letter from 40p)
- Products purchased through RM Mailmark franking machine, 1sr Class Letter will remain 51p and 2nd Class starting from 37p
You can find more details on: http://www.royalmailtechnical.com/Pricing_Rate_Cards.cfm
CBC/Low Sort Barcode Price Increase
- Increased prices are effective from 4 July 2016
- The changes affect only letter mail with the old style barcode. Mailmark prices remain the same
There will be 4% price differential between Mailmark barcoded services and CBC.
- CBC option withdrawal - January 2018
For more details please visit: http://www.royalmailtechnical.com/rmt_docs/Rate_Cards_Mar_2016/Rate_Card_Barcode_Rate_Card_Mar_2016_ENG_V3.pdf
Encouraging mail in trays
The use of trays enhances mail hygiene. Items presented in trays have the lowest price. This is because they are the most efficient container for handling of Letters and Large Letters (up to 10mm thick).
The discount for items presented in trays will continue to be 0.25p for Letters. From 4th January 2016, the discount was increased to 0.5p for Large Letter items when compared to the same items being presented in bags.
‘Send more for less’ – new option for catalogues/brochures
Customers that post catalogues or brochures may be interested in the new weight bands introduced with 2016 Royal Mail Advertising Mail prices. They came into effect from 4th January 2016 for use in the Advertising Mail Catalogue Trial. They include, for the first time, five new weight bands between 100g – 150g for both Letter and Large Letter format items. This, in effect, reduces the price increases for catalogues over 100g.
The Advertising Mail Catalogue Trial started on 4th January 2016 and ran until 17th March 2017.
Digital Stamp Indicia is becoming a permanent option both for Royal Mail Wholesale & Retail customers from 3rd May 2016, subject to terms and conditions.
This option will be available for Access 70 OCR, CBC and Mailmark mailings up to 30th October 2016.
From the 1st November 2016 Digital Stamp option will be available only for Mailmark service.
You have a choice of using one of two digital stamp designs shown below. Whichever one you choose, you will need to apply the Access Licence Number assigned to you under your Access Contract to the artwork you create (to replace the C1 12345 number shown in the images below).
For further information please visit https://www.royalmailwholesale.com/digital-stamp/
Royal Mail Wholesale and Retail ‘Scheme for Growth’ promotion
Royal Mail is introducing a postage credit scheme which will lower prices for customers who use mail to grow their business. The scheme rewards senders that grow their advertising mail volumes over a 12 month period.
It will be open to applications from 29 April 2016.
How does it work?
- The scheme is to encourage the growth of direct mail
- The scheme offers credits to advertisers of between 2.5p-10.5p per item on all incremental advertising mail posted during a 12 month period
- The incremental volume posted must be in addition to the volume posted during the previous 12 months
- The minimum volume for the incremental is 250,000
Who is eligible to use the scheme?
- Anyone who is intending to post at least 250,000 incremental mail items in the 12 month incentive period
- The incremental volume can either be Letter or Large Letter
The incremental volume has to be posted either using the Advertising or Responsible Mail services AND Mailmark*
You can find all details on the RM website:
Whistl Seeding Mail Items
For each Ad Mail/greenPost mailing the customer must provide Royal Mail and Whistl with a sample/seed to verify conformance to the greenPost specification. The sample/seed must be an exact reproduction of the mailing items posted of both envelopes used and contents enclosed.
As of 4th April 2016 you'll need to send your samples/seeds to the following new address going forward:
Whistl UK Ltd
Royal Mail address remains the same at:
Royal Mail Wholesale [immediately followed by the 5 digit client ID]
PO Box 72662
Don't forget to include your five digit client ID for the Royal Mail sample/seed
Citipost introduced new indicia’s. These can be downloaded using following link http://www.citipostmail.co.uk/resources/documents/
International Product Portfolio
- Zero Sort
- Zone Sort
- Country Sort
- Max Sort
|Europe||Rest of World|
|3-5 Days||5-7 Days|
|10-15 Days||6-12 Weeks|
*Only available with Max Sort
New UKM Indicias
UKM Group has rebranded and introduced new indicias. They have come into effect from 11th April 2016.
You are also able to send UKM mail out with just the ‘Royal Mail Delivered by’ stamp.
There is 12 months ‘grace’ period of using the existing PPI’s starting from 11th April 2016.