Royal Mail have announced price changes to the Access General Large Letter Services and Wholesale Parcels services, as well as prices for the C9 Access Premium Agreement. The changes also affect international products.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm and 9am will remain unchanged* (excluding add-ons and surcharges)
- Royal Mail Advertising Mail Parcels will increase by up to 3%
- Royal Mail Publishing Mail will increase by up to 5%
- Royal Mail International Tracking and Signature services will increase on average by 0.6%
- Royal Mail International Standard services will increase on average by 2.6%
- Royal Mail International Economy services will increase on average by 2.5%
Price changes to your 1st and 2nd Class Mail on Account
- Prices for sending a 1st Class Letter will start from 57p and prices for sending a 2nd Class Letters will start from 38p
- You can send a 1st Class Small Parcel from £3.22 or a 2nd Class Small Parcel from £2.72
1st and 2nd Class Account customers who use our Online Business Account could save 2p* per item by using our new barcodes. For further information visit http://royalmail.com/barcodesavings
*Excludes adjustment fees where applicable
In terms of mailsort software, you need to note that the parcel options in Advertising Mail and Publishing Mail are affected. Business Mail is not affected as there are no parcel options.
The changes will take effect from 26th March 2018. Rate cards are available from us on request.
‘Make further savings for sorted items presented in trays – You can benefit from savings of 0.7p per item for mailings of sorted Large Letter items presented in trays. Letters presented in trays will attract a saving of 0.27p per item. For more information and advice about how to switch to using trays please visit: http://royalmail.com/traysavings’.
Here is a link to Royal Mail online price calculator: https://www.royalmailtechnical.com/pricing.cfm
DSA/ Network Operators
- Royal Mail Access charges for letters and large letters transactional mail have increased by 4.9% for Mailmark services and 6.9% for other services
- Increases for Advertising Mail are less
- Royal Mail Wholesale has increased some of the discounts for Advertising Mail
- For Mailmark the discounts are
- Advertising Mail 5.896p for Letters
- Advertising Mail 9.131p for Large Letters up to 100g
- Advertising Mail 9.59p for Large Letters 101g - 250g
- The Advertising Mail discount is now dependant on the service you use. It was 5.147p an item for all Letter services in 2017. But now the following discounts apply
|Service||Discounts from 2018(p)|
|70 OCR Letters||6.100|
- Advertising Mail non Mailmark prices are increasing by 3 and 3.4%
- Across the board, the price difference between Business Mail and Advertising Mail has increased against 2017 prices.
*Please note some DSA have increased their operational costs for collecting, sorting and delivering mail to Royal Mail.
All carriers (Royal Mail Retail and DSA/Network Operators)
- CBC has been withdrawn as a service
- Responsible/Sustainable Mail Entry and Intermediate prices will remain at 0.5p and 1.0p less than the Advertising Mail price.
- The discount for presenting pre-sorted mail in trays has increased
- From 0.6p per item to 0.7p for a Large Letter (for Business Mail and Ad Mail, not General Mail).
- From 0.25p per item to 0.27p for Letter
- Some Mailmark adjustment charges have changed
Machinable Large Letter
- Machinable Large letters can now be sent using Unwrapped spec. Mailmark and OCR now available for unwrapped. You can download a copy of the User Guide from www.royalmailwholesale.com
New Unsorted Option - barcode savings
From 27th March 2017 Royal Mail introduced a new option for unsorted jobs. By printing a simple barcode to ‘bring efficiencies and ensure bills are accurate’
- You could save 2p per item by printing a barcode on the envelopes
- There will be only one size for the new PPI design
- This option will be available for:
- Standard Business Mail
- Standard Ad Mail
- 1st and 2nd Class
- STL, BPL, CLN
For more information and to register your interest please visit royalmail.com/barcodesavings
Digital Stamp Indicia is becoming a permanent option both for Royal Mail Wholesale & Retail customers from 3rd May 2016, subject to terms and conditions.
This option is available for Mailmark mailings only
You have a choice of using one of three digital stamp designs shown below. Whichever one you choose, you will need to apply either
- the carriers Royal Mail Wholesale Access Licence Number assigned to them under their Access Contract to the artwork you create (to replace the C1 12345 number shown in the images below) or
- the Royal Mail licence number, with HQ prefix relevant to the customer OBA account you use for the mailing
ROYAL MAIL WHOLESALE: For more details please visit https://www.royalmailwholesale.com/digital-stamp/
ROYAL MAIL RETAIL: For more details please visit https://www.royalmailtechnical.com/Machine_Readability_Stamp_Indicia_Retail.cfm
GI Solutions group are an accredited print provider.
Royal Mail Wholesale and Retail ‘Scheme for Growth’ promotion
Royal Mail has introduced a postage credit scheme which offers lower prices for customers who use mail to grow their business. The scheme rewards senders that grow their advertising mail volumes over a 12 month period.
It has been open to applications since 29 April 2016.
How does it work?
- The scheme is to encourage the growth of direct mail
- The scheme offers credits to advertisers of between 2.5p-10.5p per item on all incremental advertising mail posted during a 12 month period
- The incremental volume posted must be in addition to the volume posted during the previous 12 months
- The minimum volume for the incremental is 250,000
Who is eligible to use the scheme?
- Anyone who is intending to post at least 250,000 incremental mail items in the 12 month incentive period
- The incremental volume can either be Letter or Large Letter
The incremental volume has to be posted either using the Advertising or Responsible Mail services AND Mailmark*
You can find all details on the RM website:
Royal Mail and Royal Mail Wholesale offer many incentives to make your campaigns work harder. See how you can save money on your existing or new mailings.